Saturday, March 27, 2010

How It All Began

Once they opened a stall at our railway station in Israel, where a collection of trinkets was on sale: beads, earrings, bracelets… They also sold component parts for all this costume jewelry.


I had never known before that there was such a wide variety of bijouterie on sale in Israel, or that any woman could create anything she likes from the separate pieces. The same shops that sell all these things also run special courses, where someone can learn basic jewelry techniques in about half an hour.

To make a long story short, I was admiring the costume jewellery displayed in the stall for a long time before I at last made up my mind. I bought some glass beads, snaps and cord, and made my first set – a bead necklace and bracelet. It was beautiful. And so I got hooked on making jewelry for myself.
http://www.artleah.com/
other posts about it  and

No comments:

Post a Comment