Thursday, August 4, 2011

Making Jewelry

Ester and Renata have gone on to study advanced jewelry processes. One of them is wax technique, which makes it easier to make patterns for delicate open work. I am very glad, and very interested to see what kind of jewelry they will produce with their new skills. Renata has always created large, impressive jewelry, while Ester’s collection has been light-weight, small pieces (though not open work). 
They invited me to join them, but I'm going in a different direction.
I have begun a line of Home Décor objects. I've started to do larger pieces of glass and metal that can be mounted on a wall. I used to fuse small slices, and 90 percent of my furnace was empty; now my fusing fills it to capacity. 
I can see that home décor needs a completely new approach, it’s a challenge. And I adore a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment